Theme: Word coined from animals
1. A coarse, vulgar-tongued woman.
2. A woman who sells fish.
“His mother was a shrill fishwife who yelled and screamed even with visitors in the house.”
1. Mean or contemptible.
2. Having an unpleasant odor.
3. Of or relating to a skunk.
“I had a couple of skunky-sounding audience tapes, tinkling out distant brown scurf from Nassau Coliseum.”
“The battle over campaign disclosure in Idaho’s education-reform campaign is the latest skunky fruit of Citizens United.”
3. gossamer (GOS-uh-muhr)
1. Something light, thin, or insubstantial.
2. A soft sheer gauzy fabric, used for veils, etc.
3. A fine, filmy cobweb or its thread seen floating in the air in calm weather.
Thin, light, or delicate.
“Indeed one dare not breathe near them for fear of breaking the gossamer visions, causing movement to disrupt our focus.”
verb tr.: To ensnare.
“Some dozen of these villains had her birdlimed inside a shepherd’s hut when our patrol chanced upon them.”
noun: Something that ensnares.
adjective: Given to quick or frequent change.
“Bonnie McKee’s chameleonic hair color mirrors her divergent writing styles.”